Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Geology Jokes!

You may be a Geologist if you hear or say these phrases on a daily basis.

Have a gneiss day

Rock on!

My rocks are gneiss, don’t take them for granite.

Look at that shiny shist

Gneiss Chert

Geology Rocks, I really dig it.

A geologist was accused for throwing a lava rock at a tourist. He’s been charged for Basalt and battery

“May the Quartz be with you”

Roommate: Why does that one have hair? You: That’s not hair, it’s Asbestos!

One Shist, Two Shist , greenshist, blueshist

“Meet me at the outcrop; I’m a little boulder there”

Protect Coprolites; they’re an endangered feces.

One mountain said to the other across the rift "Hey, it's not my fault!"

"I worked on an exploration team for 6 months and all I got was this lousy chert"

"Geologists can be very sedimental"

Geologists never lose their luster!

Geologists don’t wrinkle, they show lineation!

Old geologists never die, they just recrystallize.

Be gneiss or albite ya!

Paleontologists never Die they just slowly petrify

Geologists like to make up words.

"It's a hard rock life"

"all rock and no clay"

I never metamorphic who wasn't Gneiss

Geologists are gneiss, tuff, and a little wacke.

My sediments exactly.

I may have many faults, but they're all normal

Arr, it's a pyrite's life for me

"We're not trespassing. We're geologists."

Licking rocks gives me  an apatite.

"Re-unite Gondwanaland"

"Pass the Halite please!"

Some jokes just fluorite over my head

Geologist will date anything. 

3 comments:

  1. when schist happens in ur life, its not gneiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watson: what rock is this holmes
    Holmes: sedimentary my dear Watson

    ReplyDelete